Pages

Thursday, November 12, 2009

I have lost command over the team: Younus

Younus Khan, who stood down as Pakistan captain yesterday, said that he took the decision after he felt that he had no command over his teammates.


"I met the chairman today and told him I needed to rest," Younus told a leading cricket website. "I told him I feel as If I have no command over this team. And if a leadership has no command over its players, what is the point of continuing to lead? I also told him that the last 3-4 months have been very trying times for me, not just with the cricket but all that has happened outside it. I need time to get myself together now."

It has been learnt that at least eight or nine players in the Pakistan team, were unhappy with Younus and they voiced their concerns to PCB chief Ejaz Butt after the Champions Trophy.

Younus, that time also, quit captaincy but PCB officials did not accept his resignation and asked him to continue as captain. - Gambling Online

0 comments:

Post a Comment